Wisdom Teeth Extractions in Little Elm & Frisco, TX
At A Gud Dentist, our priority is to help you achieve a lasting and healthy smile. Our skilled dentist provides high-quality dental services you can trust to solve a myriad of dental issues. Although we always strive to preserve your natural smile as much as we can, we sometimes perform tooth extractions as an important step to repairing and protecting your smile.
We understand that extractions can cause stress for many patients, and we do everything we can to enhance your comfort and peace of mind during every stage of your treatment. Our dentist uses the latest dental techniques to deliver quick and seamless wisdom teeth extraction. We also offer nitrous oxide and local anesthesia to help alleviate any fear and anxiety. If you have tooth pain or need your wisdom teeth extracted, don't hesitate to contact us and schedule your appointment today!
CALL US: (469) 239-0123 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why You May Need an Extraction
Tooth extraction involves the complete removal of a tooth and its root. Since 2002, we've performed quick and efficient wisdom teeth extractions using only the safest and most successful techniques. Our team will begin by thoroughly assessing your dental health and the issue that is causing your discomfort. We'll check the current state of your teeth and how they'll impact your bite and overall oral health. If one or more wisdom teeth are damaged, decayed, impacted, or causing health concerns, we may recommend an extraction.
Some of the reasons you may need an extraction include:
- Impacted Teeth: An impacted tooth can cause discomfort and affect the neighboring teeth from under your gum line. This is the most common reason for wisdom teeth extractions, as many people don't have enough space in their jaw to accommodate the final set of molars. During your biannual visits, our dentist will assess the alignment in your jaws to check if your teeth are emerging properly. If there is inadequate space for your wisdom teeth, an extraction will help protect you from infection, pain, and other dental health issues.
- Crowding: Even if wisdom teeth emerge without becoming impacted, their presence could still cause bite alignment issues. As the other teeth shift to make room for the molars, it can result in crowding or overlapping, which may lead to uneven wear on your teeth and even jaw pain. Removing these teeth can eliminate these issues and make orthodontic efforts easier.
- Severe Tooth Decay: If your tooth is severely decayed and untreatable with a filling or crown, you might require extraction. However, our dentist will explore all options for saving your tooth before recommending removal.
- Gum Disease: If periodontal disease has become severe enough to affect the ligaments supporting your teeth, your teeth might become loose and require extraction to stop the spread of infection to other gum areas.
- Dental Emergencies: Anyone might require a dental emergency at any time. Although we'll do everything possible to save your damaged tooth, some teeth may be damaged beyond repair and require extraction to restore oral health.
Our Process for Wisdom Tooth Extractions in Little Elm
If one or more of your wisdom teeth lack adequate space to grow and develop, we may recommend an extraction. Leaving an impacted wisdom tooth to stay can lead to alignment issues, infections, pain, and long-term damage to adjacent teeth. At A Gud Dentist, we begin our treatments with an assessment to discuss your needs and goals.
Our dentist uses advanced imaging technology to get a precise picture of your teeth, jaw, and gums. By examining the precise angles and position of your wisdom teeth, our dentist can confirm whether they're impacted and if an extraction is recommended.
If an extraction is necessary, we begin planning out the various steps of your procedure. Our dentist will then remove the tooth carefully, clear any debris from the extraction site, and complete stitches if necessary. If you have any questions about the extraction process, our team is happy to answer them to help set your mind at ease.
Your Comfort is Our Priority
We know that visiting a dentist for extraction can be stressful, especially for patients dealing with other oral health issues. We care about your emotional well-being just as much as your physical health. Our team does everything possible to make tooth extraction an easier experience for you. Alongside our gentle and compassionate chairside service, we provide nitrous oxide sedation and local anesthesia, allowing you to feel relaxed during your treatment.
With nitrous oxide sedation or laughing gas, you'll get a light sedation effect that may be helpful during treatment. It helps you relax and can minimize or even eliminate feelings of anxiety during your wisdom tooth extraction. You'll typically remain awake, alert, and able to communicate with our dentist, and the effects wear off quickly after treatment. Since you won't feel groggy afterward, you can easily drive yourself home after the procedure.
We know that dental anxiety can sometimes feel overwhelming, especially with a more involved procedure. For patients who may still feel uncomfortable even with nitrous oxide, we'll refer you to a trusted periodontist who can provide a more advanced level of care. We want to ensure that you feel safe and secure in your treatment and will always put your welfare first.
Reliable Wisdom Teeth Extractions in Little Elm
If you need quality and efficient wisdom teeth extraction in Little Elm, A Gud Dentist has a qualified and compassionate team to provide the care you need. Our skilled dentist is committed to helping you enjoy optimum oral health through effective wisdom tooth extractions. Contact our Little Elm practice to schedule your visit today!
CALL US: (469) 239-0123 REQUEST APPOINTMENT